1 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED:
What leadership roles or volunteer experiences have been important to you during your time at Maryland?
Quartermaster at Veterans of Foreign Wars William J. Buhl Post #3217
September 2009 – Present
• Develop aggressive business and marketing strategy aimed at recruiting veterans of current conflicts.
• Account for post finances, equipment and membership.
Team Manager at Morrell Park Little League
March 2009 – Present
• Volunteered as coach for youth baseball organization in Southwest Baltimore.
• Devoted approximately 10-15 hours per week as youth mentor.
Skatepark Advocate at Skatepark of Baltimore
January 2008 – January 2010
• Assist in lobbying local government for funds to create a destination skatepark in Baltimore.
• Research legal issues, develop marketing techniques, and create presentations in support of the skatepark’s goal.
What has your scholarship meant to you and how has it enabled you to pursue new and exciting opportunities?
The generous scholarship bestowed to me by the Pat Tillman Foundation has allowed me spend my free time contributing to my community rather than spend it working a part-time job in order to pay my bills. In my hometown of Baltimore, Maryland, I've been able to coach a little league team and serve as an officer at my local VFW Post. I intend to continue my service into the Spring semester, and I'm very much indebted to the Tillman Foundation for helping me to do so.