1 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED:
What leadership roles or volunteer experiences have been important to you during your time at Maryland?
University of Maryland
- Bangladeshi Students Association (Vice President of Administration): 2009
Springbrook High School
- Asian American Student Club (Publications Manager): 2007 – 2008
- Musings Literary Magazine (Public Relations Manager): 2006 – 2009
- Colesville Strawberry Festival Student Volunteer Coordinator: 2008
- English Department Assistant: 2007 – 2008
- National Honor Society (President 2008-2009): 2007 – 2009
- National French Honor Society/La Société Honoraire de Français (Historian): 2008 – 2009
- Science Department Assistant: 2005 – 2008
- South Asian Students Association (President 2008 – 2009; Vice President 2007 – 2008): 2005 – 2009
- White Oak Library Assistant: 2008 – 2009
What has your scholarship meant to you and how has it enabled you to pursue new and exciting opportunities?
In being awarded with the Dr. Toleff B. Thompson & Dr. Raymond K. Thompson Memorial Scholarship, I consider myself extremely lucky. I am sincerely thankful because I know my education means something not just to me but also to my scholarship donor as well – someone cares enough to ensure that my education does not stop simply for the lack of funding. Hence, as a result, throughout this semester, the scholarship has played several important roles in my academics – a source of motivation, a stress reducer, and financial assistance. The scholarship has encouraged me to surpass the expectations that I set for myself academically – someone’s invested income is paying for my education and I must do my very best so that not a single penny is wasted!