1 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED:
What leadership roles or volunteer experiences have been important to you during your time at Maryland?
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics—Member (Fall 2007-present)
- Aerospace Honors Program (Fall 2008-present)
- Tau Beta Pi—Engineering Honor Society (Inducted Spring 2009)
- Order of Omega—Greek Honor Society (Inducted Spring 2009)
- A. James Clark School Ambassador Coordinator (August 2009-present)
- A. James Clark School Ambassador (January 2008-present)
- Teaching Fellow for Engineering Statics (Fall 2008)
- Engineering Design Hovercraft Project Team Leader (Fall 2007)
- Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority—Philanthropy: Juvinile Arthritis
- Vice President (January 2010-present)
- Alumnae Relations Chair (January 2009-present)
- Violence Intervention Assistant
What has your scholarship meant to you and how has it enabled you to pursue new and exciting opportunities?
Attending college is not only a major academic undertaking, but a financial one as well. Receiving my scholarship has helped to ease some of my monetary concerns and has allowed me take an even greater satisfaction in my undergraduate career. The Boeing Scholarship makes the end of college much more exciting for me, rather than a daunting fiscal burden.
Why did you choose to attend the University of Maryland, what makes this place special to you and what is your favorite part of being a Terp?
When applying for colleges, I considered a number of factors but most specifically, their aerospace programs and location. The University of Maryland was by far the most impressive candidate. The Aerospace Department at Maryland has phenomenal resources, faculty, location, and research; furthermore, the entire A. James Clark School of Engineering is a very accredited college. I knew that by attending Maryland, I would not only be gaining a quality education, but a brighter future as well.
How will you make a positive difference in the world?
I hope that my future career as an engineer can bring improvement to society through the ever-advancing field of technology. As an Aerospace Engineer, I aspire to help our nation's military to protect those men and women serving our country by providing them with only the best technology.
I also hope that my adventure through life brings me in contact with many people; whether it be an exchange of pleasantries or a shoulder for much needed support, I hope to have a positive effect on all of those around me.