This endowed fund is named in honor of University of Maryland Professor Emerita Virginia W. Beauchamp. Dr. Beauchamp has been recognized as the founding mother of the University of Maryland's Department of Women's Studies (1975) adn is also a longtime member of the Campus Club.
The Campus Club has been an active University of Maryland organization since 1938. The club's purpose is to unite women of the University community for their promotion of their common interests in intellectual, social and civil affairs. With strong interest in supporting students, Campus Club members have participated for many years in giving to the Chancellor's Fund, the President's Fund or the Francis Scott Key Fund.